WATRA offers an annual scholarship to students at Marymount University. Any student studying Human Resources who has a stated interest in pursuing a career in compensation and benefits is eligible to apply. The scholarship consists of payment for a 3 credit HRM course, plus a free one year’s membership in WATRA with access to our 9 complementary programs.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- be a graduate student majoring in Human Resources Management, or a comparable discipline, who has taken or is enrolled in at least one course that addresses Compensation and/or Benefits. Eligible courses include: HRM 533, 534, 538, and 539
- be interested, or already engaged, in the field of compensation and/or benefits
- have excelled in their study of compensation and/or benefits coursework as determined by the appropriate Marymount professors and course grades
- write a paper, roughly one page, 12 pt, single-spaced, stating why they should receive the scholarship and how it will benefit their career.
- two (2) written recommendations from Marymount professors
- overall academic achievement
- qualitative assessment of the submission paper
- results of a personal interview with selected members of the WATRA Board
Previous Scholarship Recipients.
2013 Mara Jaffa
2014 Nina Maiwand